With more than 5 million apps on the app market, how is it that we only download the most popular ones? Adding to the reason that they are a name brand in the application market, it also because they are well optimized and marketed. Every app marketing company has made app optimization a huge deal ever since the first smartphone came out. And now, as the app market has expanded, it has become a bigger deal than it was! Before your app disappears into the vast abyss that is the app market, it’s important to introduce some marketing tactics to help keep it thriving and staying ahead of the competition.
Only recently, app marketing has taken charge and is slowly becoming more relevant. App-based companies and individual creators are realizing that this is a great method to get more traffic to their apps. App marketing involves many strategies to make this happen. In this article, let’s cover the main strategies used by digital marketers all around the world!
- Know your target audience: every app is made for a particular set of people and every app creator must first aim to market their app to them. Understanding your app’s demographic and their various traits can attract the right crowd to your app! This strategy has no full stop to it because the target audience keeps changing and growing with time.
- Know your competition: keeping a close eye on competitors can help you reach out to your target audience better! By keeping a close eye on them, we mean to track the things that have worked and not worked for them. This is a means of learning and can help you in several different ways like working through challenging situations, overtaking competitors and even improving your working processes.
- App store optimization: a strategy to turn around the fate of invisible apps is ASO. Using keywords, it optimizes many features of the app and its landing page on the app market like title, icon, description and more. It has been proven to be a very effective way of getting more traffic to an app and can attract a significant amount of downloads compared to any other app that has not been optimized.
- Converting viewers to users: visuals play an important role in making a viewer consider downloading an app. In that case, the visuals of your app have to be pleasing to your audience, it has to make them want to download it. Using words like “free” and “exclusive” also make viewers want to download your app. Using certain colors also trigger this decision of viewers.
- Analysis: continuous testing, experimenting, and analysis can give you valuable insights. Making a comprehensive report of all this data can help you device better plans to further market your app.
Some more strategies that are often followed by an app marketing company are – maintaining a blog, using various social media platforms and making original content to keep users engaged and increase their online presence.
All in all, the strategies used by any app marketing company, are used only to boost your app’s popularity. It takes care of every single detail of your app, too! Coming to think of it, it has so many pros and hardly any cons. Besides increasing app traffic and downloads, app marketing is can also help you beat competitors, expand your reach and can even help you gain more visibility in the swarm of 5 million apps.